We stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive; the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information; the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances; the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect to your personal information or our policies and procedures; the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed; and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable such as your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by The Windsor in the course of transacting business with an individual.
How you may provide us with your personal information:
- By making a reservation or a purchase.
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, and how we will use and store this information.
Making a reservation:
When making a reservation it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, and the like.
Third party programs:
You may wish to have your purchase of the hotel services recognized in a third party’s loyalty program with which The Windsor has a relationship with. To do so, we will require you to provide us with certain verification information such as your membership number in the third party program.
We may also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. Sometimes we offer special offers to seniors or children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
From time to time, we also offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
For marketing purposes:
The Windsor may use the information you provide to send you offers and information through newsletters or email promotions. If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line “unsubscribe”, so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
Information provided to us in communications regarding service delivery:
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, and reviewing them with hotel personnel for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery, and for developing improvements in service delivery.
By visiting our website:
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
Why we collect personal information:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example we analyse guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When do we disclose personal information?
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of The Windsor, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by The Windsor to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by The Windsor to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of The Windsor it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or when disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by The Windsor to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer by writing us at:
111 Spring Street
Melbourne Victoria 3000
Attention: Privacy Officer, Law Department