TERMS & CONDITIONS
- For the purpose of the terms and conditions, the term Goods refers to all items available for purchase from the www.thehotelwindsor.com.au website and does include all types of gift certificates.
- Goods are only available to be delivered to an Australian address. Other purchase for delivery overseas is available however must be arranged directly with the hotel.
- All website fields when placing an order for goods must be accurately and truthfully completed.
- Price of goods is subject to change without notice by The Hotel Windsor.
- Price of goods includes the Australian Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- A processing fee (which includes delivery) will automatically be added to your final sale price unless the goods are to be collected from the hotel. This processing fee is subject to change without notice by The Hotel Windsor.
- The Hotel Windsor will do its best efforts to supply the goods ordered by you. Goods are subject to availability and where goods are not available to be ordered the website will indicate that they are not available.
- The Hotel Windsor will use its best endeavours to arrange delivery within five business days in metropolitan Melbourne. Longer periods apply to country and interstate regions.
- When taking advantage of our delivery option The Hotel Windsor will not take responsibility for any goods misplaced or lost by Australia Post. We will follow appropriate process to ensure any goods are sent to the correct address. If you are not able to receive your package at the designated address you may have to collect from a post office.
- Complying with our legal and ethical responsibilities, The Hotel Windsor will repair or replace goods damaged during delivery. Alternatively a refund less the postage price will be offered. Our liability under Australian Consumer Law is limited to re-supply of the goods or services or payment of the cost of re-supply of goods or services as applicable.
- This agreement is subject to Victorian law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
- Gift Certificates from The Hotel Windsor are valuable documents and should be treated as cash and kept in a safe place. Gift Certificates will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Gift Certificates are not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or alternate products. All certificates are subject to availability and may not be used with other promotions at The Hotel Windsor.
- Gift Certificates are valid from the date of online purchase for the period as indicated on the card. Gift Certificates may not be valid during special event periods and will be deemed void if not redeemed by the expiry date.
- Accommodation gift Certificates must be presented upon check in. The bearer of the certificate must also be able to provide their own credit card or $100.00 cash deposit (per night, photo ID required) with the remaining monies being refunded upon check out. Reservations for accommodation at The Hotel Windsor must be made in advance. Please note some nights bookings made may be subject to multiple night stays.
- Food & Beverage gift certificates (Including Afternoon Tea) must be presented upon arrival at the hotel prior to commencement of your meal. If the gift certificate is found to be invalid for any reason the bearer must settle the account owing until any issue is resolved with hotel management.
- The Hotel Windsor may be required to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Term and conditions which are agreed upon the completion of sale will be honoured.
- At no time may goods be returned for any reason to The hotel Windsor other than damage. All sales are final and care must be taken by the purchaser to select the required goods before confirming the order.
At The Hotel Windsor we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by The Hotel Windsor in the course of transacting business with an individual.
How you may provide us your personal information:
- By making a reservation or a purchase.
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
Making a reservation:
When making a reservation it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, and the like. You may wish to have your purchase of the hotel services recognized in a third party’s loyalty program with which The Hotel Windsor has a relationship. To do so will require you providing us certain verification information such as your membership number in the third party program. We may also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. Sometimes we offer special offers to, for example, seniors or for children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
The Hotel Windsor may use the information you provide to send you offers and information through newsletters or email promotions. If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “Unsubscribe”, so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
Information Provided To Us In Communications Regarding Service Delivery Such As Comment Cards
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
By visiting our website:
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
Why we collect personal information:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example we analyse guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When do we disclose personal information?
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of The Hotel Windsor, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by The Hotel Windsor to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by The Hotel Windsor to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of The Hotel Windsor it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by The Hotel Windsor to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at email@example.com , using ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer by writing us at:
The Hotel Windsor
111, Spring Street
Melbourne Victoria 3000
Attention: Privacy Officer, Law Department